GRANT WRITING ASSISTANCE
The Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention can help community organizations obtain grants by providing grant writing assistance. Watch this page for opportunities.
- One Pager – Grant Writing Assistance Program
- Grant information- How to find grants
- Colorado grant resources
- Grant writing assistance webinar PDF
- Grant writing assistance webinar video
2019 Colorado Grant Writing Assistance for Prevention, Intervention, Treatment, and Recovery of Substance Use Disorders
In responding to opioid and other substance use disorders, representatives of frontier and rural communities expressed a need for grant writing assistance. In response to this need, the Opioid and Other Substance Use Disorders Interim Study Committee proposed funding from the Colorado General Assembly for a grant writing assistance program. This was approved as part of Senate Bill 2019-228, allocating $250,000 for the program and designating the University of Colorado, Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention (the Center) as the administrator of the program.
Per statute, the funds are intended to “aid local communities in need of assistance in applying for grants to access state and federal money to address opioid and other substance use disorders in their communities.” This is inclusive of a continuum of strategies related to prevention, harm reduction, intervention, treatment, and recovery.
Additionally, as a result of the 2019 legislative session, it is anticipated that funds from the Colorado General Assembly will be released through competitive procurement process by several state agencies in the State Fiscal Year 2019-2020. This grant writing assistance program is intended to help local government and non-profit organizations, with limited budgets and limited in-house grant writing expertise, to apply for those funds.
Eligible applicants are local government and non-profit organizations with limited budgets and no in-house grant writing expertise, with a priority preference for those located in or serving rural and frontier counties in Colorado, inclusive of the following:
- A recognized American Indian Tribe with a government seat in the boundaries of the State of Colorado.
- A county government or an agency thereof.
- A municipal government or agency thereof.
- A community coalition with a mission to address the prevention, intervention, or treatment of opioid and other substance use disorders, or to related recovery support services, with either a 501c3 status, or a fiscal agent that is a government agency, or an organization in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- A nonprofit organization, in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State, that provides community-based services related to the prevention, intervention, treatment, and/or recovery of substance use disorders.
At the this time LLCs and private corporations are not eligible to apply.
Billing can occur through June 30, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: We ask you complete this form at least 3 weeks prior to the deadline of the grant for which you are applying for if you wish to use one of the Consortium’s contracted grant writers. If you wish to use your own grant writer, please submit the grant assistance form ASAP once you have identified the grant to apply for.