Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and the Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention are excited to announce the creation of the Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention, which will be housed at the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The new Center will continue to host the Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention, which works with partners in government, academia, and communities to coordinate the state’s response to the opioid crisis. The Center also will facilitate interdisciplinary research, identify and promote evidence-based clinical practices, educate health care and public health practitioners, and test, implement, and promote new models of care for the treatment of pain and substance use disorders.
The Center will give the CU Anschutz community an opportunity to collaborate and coordinate our work, and our vision is to make the Center one of the nation’s leaders in research, education, and community engagement.
This site will be updated with exciting news and valuable information throughout summer and fall 2019.
2019 Medication-Assisted Treatment expansion
The University of Colorado’s Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention and the College of Nursing are now accepting applications for the Colorado MAT Expansion Program. The purpose of the program is to expand the Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Pilot (Senate Bill 17-074) by increasing the number of counties that may participate in the program, extending the duration of the program in existing counties, and expanding the MAT workforce to treat opioid use disorder.
The goals of the program are to:
- Increase the number of MAT-Waivered Providers who provide MAT in clinical organizations or practices in Routt and Pueblo counties, in the San Luis Valley, (including the counties of Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande, Saguache, Custer and Huerfano), and in up to two additional rural Colorado counties with demonstrated need and capacity development opportunities;
- Increase access to MAT and other evidence-based treatment and behavioral health therapies for individuals with OUD in the designated program counties based on increases in the total number of patients with OUD who receive services.
Here are some key dates:
- RFA Technical Assistance webinar: Wednesday, August 14
- Letter of Intent due: Monday, August 19
- Application due date: Monday, September 16
- Award announcement: Tuesday, October 1
Questions about the RFA can be directed to MATexpansion@cuanschutz.edu
More information coming soon
More details about the Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention will be coming soon. Watch this space for the exciting news and information about partnership activities.